Cambrian School District has deep roots in our corner of the Silicon Valley community dating back more than 100 years. In that time, our District has become established as the bedrock of the Cambrian neighborhood, as generations of students have come to learn, grow, explore and form lasting relationships in our classroom. Many of those students have even returned to lead their own classrooms as teachers or support our work as dedicated volunteers.
To spend time in a Cambrian schools today is to see the best of that long, rich tradition and community spirit, combined with a 21st century commitment to innovative instructional practices and programs designed to prepare our students to thrive in high schools, colleges and careers.
We serve approximately 3,600 students in Transitional Kindergarten through grade 8 across four elementary schools, one comprehensive middle school, and the newest addition to our District, Steindorf K-8 STEAM school. We are fortunate to serve a student population that reflects the diversity of the Silicon Valley, a diversity that is a true strength in forging learning communities where all students are challenged, engaged and celebrated.
Across all of our schools and grade levels, our staff shares a commitment to excellence and continuous growth. Hallmarks of our approach to teaching and learning include:
- Seamless integration of California's Common Core Standards and a relentless pursuit of student achievement.
- A focus on the "4 Cs": critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. A Cambrian education is one that ensures students acquire the skills and mindsets. necessary to pursue any academic or professional discipline and engage thoughtfully with their community.
- An unwavering commitment to nurturing the whole child, with innovative programs exposing students to the arts, music, wellness and technology so that students are free to explore their passions.
- Ongoing professional learning opportunities to ensure that our world-class staff have the knowledge and resources they need to continue honing their craft as educators.
- Warm school communities where families and neighbors are welcome and vital participants in student life both in and out of the classroom.
I encourage you learn more about our District through our website and social media feeds, by attending one of our many community events or scheduling a visit to see our teachers and students in action. Together, Cambrian students, staff and families are exploring infinite possibilities for learning, and we invite you to be a part of our journey.
Dr. Carrie Andrews