On June 3, 2014, voters residing within the Cambrian School District passed Measure I. Measure I is a $39 million bond measure that authorizes funding for needed repairs, upgrades, and new construction projects to the District’s schools. Proposition 39 required a 55% majority for approval; Measure I was passed by 72.47%.
Measure I was passed to:
- Reduce classroom overcrowding by providing additional classrooms
- Support high quality education
- Enhance school safety and security, update fire and earthquake safety systems
- Provide access to 21st century learning technology
- Maximize energy efficiency, repair or replace leaky windows
- Replace outdated heating/cooling equipment
- Build/equip classrooms, facilities, and sites
This bond was passed at legal rates with a citizen oversight committee promised and all funds staying local. There will be annual audits, and there will be no funds for teacher or administrative salaries or other operating expenditures. Measure I Final Accomplishments, April 2018 Cambrian School District recently completed construction for a new 3,200 square foot multi-purpose room (“MPR”) with canopy at Bagby Elementary School located at 1840 Harris Avenue. This new building now allows our school district to improve the quality of education that our parents, 550+ students and other community members expect from Bagby School Site. It also provides an additional covered, temperature-controlled eating area, flexible learning space, and community space that can be leased out, when available. This new MPR replaced the old MPR at Bagby and allowed the site to repurpose the space. See Measure I website for more details as the project progresses. If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document. If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.