The Kindergarten Readiness Act
The Kindergarten Readiness Act, SB 1381 created the transitional kindergarten program, the first year of a two-year kindergarten experience. Transitional kindergarten gives our state’s young learners the gift of time to help them develop the social, emotional, and academic skills they need to succeed in kindergarten. Transitional Kindergarten (TK) enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year begins on January 24, 2023. Currently, our TK students attend school daily on a full-day schedule at one of four district locations. Registration in the TK program is optional and transportation is not provided.
TK Enrollment By Birthdate
- Students born between 9/2/2018 - 4/2/2019 are eligible for TK in 2023-2024
- Students born between 9/2/2019 - 9/1/2020 are eligible for TK in 2024-2025
Kindergarten Enrollment by Birthdate
- Students born between 9/2/2017 - 9/1/2018 are eligible for kindergarten in 2023-2024
- Benefits of Transitional Kindergarten
- CSD Transitional Kindergarten Program Information
- Do TK classes provide support for children who are learning English?
- Do TK classes provide support for children with special needs?
- Is Transitional Kindergarten available at all Cambrian District schools?
- How do I register my child?
- What grade will my child enter after Transitional Kindergarten?
- What options do I have for my child since they are not eligible for Kindergarten?
- TK California Website Information