ELPAC Parent/Guardian Resources: Videos and Practice Test
This page contains resources for parents and guardians to support their child with online English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) testing.Introduction to the Initial ELPAC for Parents Video
The video "Introduction to the Initial ELPAC for Parents" provides information about the Initial ELPAC including its purpose, an explanation of who takes the test, and a description of how parents and guardians will be notified of their child's results.
This video is recommended for parents and guardians who want to learn more about ELPAC. The "Introduction to the Initial ELPAC for Parents" video is available in both English and Spanish.
- Introduction to the Initial ELPAC for Parents Video: English (Video; 07:33)
- Introduction to the Initial ELPAC for Parents Video: Spanish (Video; 09:02)
The Starting Smarter websites help parents understand student scores and reports, view sample test questions, and provide additional free resources to support their child’s learning.
- Understanding the Summative ELPAC Score Report—English (Video; 11:55)
- Understanding the Summative ELPAC Score Report—Spanish (Video; 14:41)
This video will walk viewers through how to understand a student’s Summative ELPAC Score Report. The video walks the viewer through the score report of a sample student describing the meaning of the information contained in each section.
This web page provides students guest access to practice and training tests. Select “Sign In” with Guest User and Guest Session toggled on to take a practice or training test with your child.
Select your child’s grade and choose a practice or training test for the following tests:
- Smarter Balanced English-language Arts or mathematics
- California Alternate Assessments for English-language Arts or mathematics
- California Science Test
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- Alternate ELPAC