Concerns & Complaints
In most cases, concerns or complaints can be resolved quickly at the earliest stage and start at the school site level first. We encourage parents and guardians, students, and staff to discuss their concerns directly with the school site employee(s) in question or your school principal prior to speaking with the District Office. There are there four (4) categories of complaints: General, Williams Act, Employee, and Uniform Complaint.
General Complaints or Concerns: In most cases, can easily be resolved directly at the school site. You may submit an oral or written complaint to the site secretary or school principal. (CSD Board Policy 1312)
Williams Act: A Williams Complaint is in regards to instructional materials, emergency or urgent facilities conditions that pose a threat to the health and safety of pupils or staff, and teacher vacancy or misassignment. Complaints must be filed in writing using this linked form and directed to our Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the District Office located at 4115 Jacksol Drive, San Jose 95124. (CSD Board Policy 1312.2, 1312.4)
Chapter 5.1 (commencing with Section 4600) of Division 1 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations:
- There are to be sufficient standards-aligned textbooks, instructional materials, state-adopted, district-adopted textbooks, or other required instructional material to use in class or at home for each student including English learners.
- There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential and subject matter training to teach the class, including training to teach English Learners if present.
- School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair. Good repair means that the facility is maintained in a manner that assures that it is clean, safe, and functional as determined by the Office of Public School Construction.
Employees: To promote prompt and fair resolution every effort should be made to resolve a concern at the earliest possible stage with the immediate supervisor or school principal and should be made directly by the complainant. Complaints can be filed in writing using this linked form and emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at the District Office located at 4115 Jacksol Drive, San Jose 95124. (CSD Board Policy and Procedure 1312.1, Policy and Procedure 4144)
Uniform Complaint: Cambrian School District has primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing educational programs. Cambrian uses the Uniform Complaint Procedures to investigate and resolve any complaints, including Title IX, alleging unlawful discrimination or failure to comply with state or federal laws:
- Discrimination based on gender (sex), gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation (Title IX)
- Compliance with state and federal law in categorical aid programs
- Childcare and development programs
- Child nutrition programs.
- Special Education programs
Complaints can be filed in writing using this linked form and emailed to our Director of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the District Office located at 4115 Jacksol Drive, San Jose 95124
All complaints will be reviewed, mediated, or investigated by the district. The complainant will have the opportunity to provide relevant information during the investigation. Within sixty days of receipt of the complaint, excluding the months of school closure (July and August), the district will provide a written report to the complainant. Complaints alleging discrimination must be filed within six months from the alleged occurrence or when knowledge was first obtained. Complainants may also pursue civil law remedies through mediation centers, the county office of education, and public/private interest attorneys.