Zoom Video Conferencing
Your child's teacher has access to the Zoom video conferencing tool to hold class meetings in a distance learning setting. Be sure to review these Video Conferencing Guidelines for Students with your child.
Zoom Instructions for Students and Parents
Before you ZOOM
- You will need your computer, Chromebook, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will receive a link from your teacher by email or posted in their Google Classroom.
To Join a ZOOM
- Join the meeting by clicking on a ZOOM link provided by your teacher.
- Follow the prompts to download (one time only) and run ZOOM. If you borrowed an iPad or Chromebook from CSD, the Zoom app is already installed.
- Click to join the video conference. Your child DOES NOT need to login.
Using the icons along the bottom of the screen you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone – your teacher may ask you to mute your microphone or mute your microphone for you during a lesson to limit background noise.
- View participant list - this opens a list of all the students logged into the classroom. This is also an option to ‘raise your hand.’ If you click to raise your hand, it will notify your teacher so they can talk to you.