Support During School Closure
We recognize that this is a very unsettling and challenging time for students, families, and our community. The Cambrian School District believes in educating the whole child and that means providing for education, social, emotional, and physical growth and enrichment. In difficult times like these, students and families may find themselves in need of some social-emotional assistance and support. Below are some resources we hope that you can use to support you and your children during school closure.
- NPR Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety About COVID-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
Stop, Breathe, & Think - SBT is an emotional wellness platform that teaches meditation and mindfulness. Our mission is to help kids, teens and young adults build the emotional strength to tackle life’s ups and downs. Download in the Apple Store or Google Play store (free).
Breathr - The app provides opportunities for users to try out a variety of mindfulness practices, while also teaching them interesting facts about the brain science behind those practices. Download in the Apple Store or Google Play store (free).
Calm - Calm is a meditation, sleep and relaxation app, available in both the App Store and Google Play store. Download in the Apple Store or Google Play store (free).
Elementary Music Resources & Activities
- Mr. Dave Sanchez Distance Learning Music Activities (Farnham & Sartorette)
- Ms. Marian Paulson Distance Learning Music Activities for Fammatre School & Bagby School
- The Asset Building Champions Book of the Month - Includes lesson plans and materials. We hope you can use these resources to share with your own family or consider setting up a virtual book club with other families and friends by using FaceTime or other platforms to share the book, discussions, and activities together.
- Social and Emotional Resources and Crisis Tips - Tips and ideas on how to respond in positive, relationship-enhancing ways to the challenges we may be facing during this time.
- Kindness Corner - Kindness-inspired ideas and ways to engage yourself and your family in compassionate and community-supporting ways.