Students are expected to dress appropriately. We take pride in the appearance of our students. Our major goal in this dress code is to reduce distractions that inhibit learning. Students who are not dressed appropriately will be asked to telephone their parents to have other clothing brought to the school or be sent home to change. All of the Cambrian School District elementary schools will enforce the dress code. Specific details and examples of inappropriate clothing include:
- Flip-flops and sandals without heel straps are considered undesirable foot protection for school. "Heelies" (roller shoes) are not allowed. Sneakers/tennis shoes are recommended footwear. Socks are strongly recommended for protection.
- Students who ride bicycles, skateboards, or scooters to school are required to wear safety helmets. Our school will support the state enforcement of bicycle safety helmets by not permitting students to bring bicycles, skateboards, or scooter to school unless helmets are worn.
- Micromini dresses and short-shorts are not allowed.
- Garments where the torso or midriff is exposed such as tube tops, half shirts, halters, or see-through clothing are not allowed.
- Hats may be worn outside for sun protection.
- Bandannas of any color are not permitted on campus.
- No clothing identifiable to gangs is to be worn to school.
- Clothing or materials which show obscene words, refer to drugs or display pictures of cigarette or alcohol statements are not allowed.
- Saggy pants will not be permitted on campus. Students whose pants drop when their belts are unbuckled or if the crotch of the pants is lower than finger tip length (as the arms and fingers are extended along one's side) will be sent home to change.