Differentiated Instruction for All Students
The Cambrian School District is committed to academic and personal success for every student. This includes providing education with high academic standards and rigor, which will promote the maximum academic, social-emotional, and physical development of each student.
What is Differentiated Instruction?
Differentiating instruction may mean teaching the same material to all students using a variety of instructional strategies, or it may require the teacher to deliver lessons at varying levels of difficulty based on the ability of each student.
Teachers who practice differentiation in the classroom may:
- Design lessons based on students’ learning styles.
- Group students by shared interest, topic, or the ability for assignments.
- Assess students’ learning using formative assessment.
- Manage the classroom to create a safe and supportive environment.
- Continually assess and adjust lesson content to meet students’ needs.