Differentiated Instruction for All Students
What is Differentiated Instruction?
Differentiating instruction may mean teaching the same materials to all students using various instructional strategies, or it may require the teacher to deliver lessons at varying levels of difficulty based on each student's ability.
Teachers who practice differentiation in the classroom may:
- Design lessons are based on students’ learning styles.
- Group students by shared interest, topic, or ability for assignments.
- Assess students’ learning using formative assessment.
- Manage the classroom to create a safe and supportive environment.
- Continually assess and adjust lesson content to meet students’ needs.
The Cambrian School District is committed to academic and personal success for every student. This includes providing education with high academic standards and rigor, and promoting each student's maximum academic, social-emotional, and physical development.