Our adopted textbook is CPM. Click Here to get an overview of how it is organized to help you.
Math 8 Concepts OverviewThe Number System
· Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
· Work with radicals and integer exponents.
· Understand the connection between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
· Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
· Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
· Use functions to model relationships between quantities.
· Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
· Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
· Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
Statistics and Probability
· Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data.