Sartorette HSC Board & Committee Descriptions and Responsibilities
We will discuss open committee positions at our first HSC meeting of the year, Tuesday, Sept. 7st @ 7:00pm. Zoom link will be forthcoming.
The following programs and events are either funded and organized by HSC, and/or require strong HSC support. Please join us at our next HSC meeting and tell us where/how you would like to volunteer. You can also contact any board and committee members for more information as well. Come join in on the FUN!
- Garden Club – Enjoy the garden by taking groups out during class or breaks, or organizing out of class workdays.
- MakerSpace – Organize and execute school-wide makerspace challenges throughout the year, organize makerspace room, provide makerspace for classroom teachers, or volunteer to oversee makerspace during recess or lunch.
- Project Cornerstone Asset Building Champions (ABC) - Silicon Valley YMCA initiative. A volunteer reads pre-selected books and leads activities that teach students valuable lessons (e.g. anti-bullying, self-esteem, trying one’s best, etc.). All materials provided.
***Out of Class***
- Box Tops for Education – Organize monthly box top collections for Sartorette.
- Community Outreach - Work with the Principal, Secretary and to offer various charitable donations to students in need.
- Family Dinner Night Fundraiser – Organize regular fundraisers at various local restaurants.
- Homework Club – Organize and manage tutoring for our students.
- Room Parent Liaison - Recruit arents, effectively communicate HSC updates and provide support at the classroom level
- Marquee Bulletin - Maintain the marquee announcements at the front of the school.
- Sartorette SpiritWear - Manage the ordering and sale of Sartorette-branded clothing and accessories
- Scrip & eScrip - Responsible for fulfilling scrip gift card orders and keeping up-to-date inventory of stock.
- SuperBucks Store – Organize and maintain inventory and recruit volunteers to help manage the store.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation - Organizes lunches for Teachers/Staff.
- Yearbook – Work with students and publisher to create a memorable yearbook for sale.
- Author’s Visit – Organize an author to visit Sartorette, including a school-wide assembly and book signing.
- Book Fair – Coordinate with distributors and volunteers to sell books.
- Family Dance – Organize our annual dance fun from concept to execution.
- Family Movie Night – Organize our annual outdoor movie night on the field.
- Family Science Night w/ Children’s Discovery Museum – Work with CDM to staff volunteers for 2 nights of fun STEM science activities.
- Field Day – Plan and support staff & volunteers for fun day on the field.
- Science Fair – Support the Principal and Staff in hosting our annual Science Fair.
- Giving Campaign - Organize and manage our annual, direct donation campaign
- Monster Bash (Halloween/Fall Fundraiser) – Organize our annual Fall fundraiser.
- Spell-A-Thon for Walden West 5thGrade Science Camp – Organize our annual school-wide Spell-A-Thon
- Walk-A-Thon – Organize and staff volunteers to run our biggest annual fundraiser.
- Starting Arts – Assist with ticket sales and all other logistics for the production performances
Share your ideas!