8th grade Core with Mr. Schertle
Current Projects/Homework (listed with due dates)
- Exit Interviews - Wednesday, 6/1
- How-To Speeches - 6/2 and 6/3
- Response to No Pretty Pictures - Friday, 6/3
- SCRATCH Final Project to The Pearl - Monday, 6/6
Class ReferencesHow-to SpeechOpening
- Literature Circle Groups reading and written work - Every Thursday (need to be up on your reading and have written work done to before class every Thursday in order to participate in your literature circle book discussion)
Transition - Now that you know all the supplies you need, you are ready to learn how to...StepsFirstNextThenAfter thatLastTransition and ConclusionNow that I'm done, you can see that with the right supplies and steps you can...Lasting Impression
- Attention Getter -
- Topic - Today I will show you how to...
- Credibility - I know how to do this because...
- Relevance - This will be good for you to learn because...
Manzanar Digital Book ProjectReseach Link: http://www.nps.gov/museum/exhibits/manz/index.htmlInclude:
- The First Thanksgiving - Use this website: http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/stories/history/first-thanksgiving/ to read about the First Thanksgiving. Create a Keyword Outline on TWO paragraphs in the article that interest you most. Then use your keyword outline to retell those two paragraphs from the article. Use ALL the Dress-Ups for EACH paragraph and ONE Decoration per Paragraph. Underline Dress-Ups and Decorations and make sure you follow the Title Rule for EACH paragraph.
Group Topics:1.Military Service2.Sports and Recreation3.Crafting and Pastimes4.School5.Camp Work6.Racism and Exclusion
- Title page with your topic and your first and last name
- 2-3 Paragraphs introducing your topic
- At least 5 historic pictures with captions
- At least 5 quotes from Farewell to Manzanar with explainations