YEARBOOK COURSE OUTLINE
To reach your student after school hours, dial the school number then ext. 330
This is a one semester course where students will work cooperatively to design page lay-outs, write copy, and take pictures to create the published yearbook for the school.
1. Be in your seat ready to work when the bell rings.
2. Come equipped to work.
3. Raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking or getting out of your seat.
4. No gum or candy.
Students work alone or in partnerships and are responsible for assigned pages. On each page, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Designing pages on the computer using the techniques of Adobe InDesign and Herff Jones E-Design.
2. Choosing the pictures that will be on your page.
3. The headlines and sub headlines.
4. The captions.
5. The articles, surveys, question & answers, etc…
1. To get each person in the yearbook once (other than their school mug).
2. To achieve A+ quality work on each page (no spelling errors, misnamed students, no grammatical errors or sentence structure errors).
3. Every person in the yearbook class will be a major contributor, feeling fully responsible for his or her individual pages.
4. To make all deadlines.
Materials needed everyday
1. In your binder, you will need a divider titled YEARBOOK, or a folder.
2. Two sharpened pencils or pens
3. Binder paper
Layouts & classwork - 40%
Participation – 40%