Required Registration Documentation
Grade Level Placement: Cambrian School District follows the State guidelines and places students by age.
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten age requirements:
- Transitional Kindergarten students must turn five (5) years of age on or between September 2 and December 2
- Kindergarten students must turn five (5) years of age before or on September 1
Step 1: Determine which school is your homeschool or your home district
The first step to enrolling in the Cambrian School District is to know your homeschool (school of residence) or to know which district you are in based on your street address.
- Cambrian Residents: Use this link to help find your resident school.
Please note: If the school your requested is at grade level capacity, it may be necessary for your child to attend another school within the Cambrian School District.
- Out of District Residents: Use this link to determine your home school district.
Step 2: Gather your documents
You will need the following documents prior to starting the online registration process. Directly uploaded all required documents to Cambrian's online registration system to avoid your child's registration process being delayed.
- Proof of Age: An original Certified Birth Certificate, Birth Record, Baptism Certificate, or Passport with a parent/guardian photo ID. When no other forms of documentation are obtainable, an affidavit by the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child is permissible. (Education Code 48002)
- Proof of Immunizations: Your child's yellow immunization card or a print out from your physician, clinic or previous school. All required immunizations must be met prior to school starting. If all required immunizations are not met, your child will not be able to attend school. See below for more Immunization Information.
- Proof of Tuberculosis Skin Test or Tuberculosis Risk Assessment: Santa Clara County Public Health Department requires proof of TB Skin Test or TB Risk Assessment Form prior to entering school. See below for more information regarding Tuberculosis.
- If your student has taken, a Tuberculosis (TB) skin test their Immunization Record or print out will reflect the date and results.
- If there is no proof of the test on their record, the required TB Risk Assessment Form must be completed by a United States licensed care provider.
Proof of Residency: Cambrian School District requires three (3) forms of address verification for all students. ONE (1) document from List A and TWO (2) documents from List B. All documents must include: Name of Parent/Guardian AND Current Address of Residence. If you live outside of the Cambrian School District boundaries and you are requesting Bagby or Steindorf, an approved Interdistrict Request Form from your district of residence must accompany your registration packet. If you have just moved into the Cambrian School District you must supply a document from List A in order to register. You will have 30 days from registering to provide the other two documents from List B.
List A: Provide ONE (1) of the following:
♦ Current Year County Property Tax Bill
♦ Closing Escrow Agreement (within the last calendar year)
♦ Property Deed
♦ Current Rental Agreement
♦ Current Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance Policy
List B: Provide TWO (2) of the following:
♦ Current PG&E bill (within 60 days)
♦ Current water or trash bill (within 60 days)
♦ Current cable or internet bill (within 60 days)
♦ Current car insurance bill (within 60 days)
♦ Current payroll stub (within 60 days)
♦ Current California Vehicle Registration
♦ Current Government Issued Photo Id (California Driver’s License or California ID card)
Please note: Cambrian School District reserves the right to make home visits in order to verify residence at any time. Falsification of any information or documents required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in the immediate revocation of student enrollment (Cambrian School District Board Policy 5111.1).
Special Education Students: A signed copy of the most current IEP or 504 plans must be upload to Cambrian's online registration system.
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Students: Will also need the additional forms below:
♦ Report of Health Examination for School Entry: California Law requires a health examination upon school entry. A California health examiner must complete this form and it is required for registration. (Health and Safety Code 124085)
♦ An Oral Health Assessment: California requires your child to have a dental check-up by May 31 of his or her first year in public school. (Educational Code Section 49452.8)
Step 3: Begin the online registration process: Cambrian School District's Online Registration System
Once all your documents have been gathered you are ready to begin the online process. The process takes about 30-45 minutes to complete and can be saved at any time during the process. Your documents can be easily uploaded to the registration system when prompted. If you were unable to upload any required documents for any reason, drop them off at the Cambrian School District Office Monday through Friday 7:30 am-4:00 pm and closed for lunch from 11:30 - 12:30 pm daily. Once your registration has been submitted, your student's registration process will be completed and you will no longer have access to make changes.
Please note: Failure to upload or submit all documents required will cause a delay in your child’s registration process.
Step 4: Wait
- Before the school year begins the Cambrian School District will be sending monthly email updates regarding the status of your student's submission.
- After the school year has begun please notify the enrollment department that you have registered your student so we can place your student as soon as possible. 408-558-4906
Immunization Information: Vaccines help keep our students healthy and are required for admission to school under the California Health and Safety Code and the California Code of Regulations.
July 23, 2020, Letter from the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department regarding Childhood Vaccinations and Wellness Care for the Upcoming School Year (2020-21)As of July 1, 2016, personal or religious belief exemptions are no longer valid or accepted. All previously unvaccinated students entering 7th grade must provide documentation of ALL vaccines needed for school entry based on age (California Law SB 277).As of July 1, 2019, all students who are transferring schools (in-district or from another district) must meet the two (2) dose requirements or provide a current medical exemption for the Varicella vaccine dated on or later than July 1, 2019.
- Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry Grades TK-12
- California Department of Health Guide to Immunizations Required for School
- Immunization Services in Santa Clara County: English Spanish
Enrollment Questions?Contact: Carlena Grandey408-558-4906
Enrollment Questions?Contact: Carlena Grandey408-558-4906
School Finder: Find which Cambrian School is your home school
District Locator: Not in the Cambrian School District? Find which district you belong to
FormsCharter Transfer Permit: Current Cambrian Residents who have moved out of the DistrictEmergency Care Plans:Intradistrict Transfer Request Form: Current Cambrian students requesting another school in CambrianInterdistrict Transfer Form: Cambrian residents transferring to another school districtMedical Exemption Form: Required for any exempt immunizationsMedication Authorization Form: Required for students to take medicine during school hoursOral Health Exam: Required for TK & K registration
Report of Health Examination: Required for TK & K registration
Volunteer Code of Conduct: Needed by all to volunteer at school