Fun health and nutrition facts about the Cambrian School District Meal Program:
- The Cambrian School District Meal Program has been 100% trans-fat-free since 2006.
- All entrees – such as pizza, cereal, muffins, and all sliced bread and buns are made from whole grains.
- All menus meet federal and state guidelines of less than 30% total fat, and less than 10% saturated fat.
- We do not fry any foods – chicken nuggets, breaded chicken patty sandwiches, French fried potatoes, and orange chicken are all baked.
- Our milk selection is all-natural, rBST-free, and does not contain any high fructose corn syrup.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are acquired through local California growers.
- Ingredients and menu selections are low fat and low sugar whenever possible.