About Mr. SchertleSome Interesting Things...
Places I have Traveled.
- I went to Cal Poly San Luis Obipso for University where I met my wife who was a Civil Engineer
- We've been married 21 years
- We have a son who's 12 and daughter who's 15
- Outside of school, I like backpacking, inventing things, traveling and hanging out with friends and family.
- I have a number of articles published in Make: Magazine.
- A book I just wrote called Make: Planes, Gliders and Paper Rockets - Simple Flying Things Anyone Can Make - Kites and Copters, Too! has just been published by Maker Media. I'm starting work on book two Make: Electronic Projects.
- 48 of the U.S. states including Alaska and Hawaii
- Mexico - All over
Central and South America
- El Salvador
- England, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Montenegro, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania.
- Cook Islands - South Pacific
Funniest Thing that Ever Happened to Me
- No Doubt playing in my backyard during my high school graduation party.
Some of my favorite things:
- My Family
- Working On My House (a 1913 Craftsman!)
- Hiking and Backpacking
- Hanging out with friends
- Making stuff
- R/C Airplanes
My Favorite music
- Ska (No Doubt - Madness - Five Iron Frenzy)
- Poor Old Lou
- They Might Be Giants
My Favorite TV shows/Movies.
- The Office
- BBC Crime Dramas like Foyle's War
- Battlestar Galactica
- Doctor Who
- Star Wars
- Lord of the Rings
- Foreign Films
My Favorite Books(we're a reading family)
- Fastfood Nation
- Better Off
- God's Politics
Two Most Important Documents I Own
- Library Card
When I Grow Up...
- I want to own my own Ice Cream Company
- ...and be a teacher!