About Farnham Elementary School
At Farnham Elementary School we believe that educating children is the responsibility of the total school community. The staff is dedicated to providing powerful learning experiences that meet the needs of all of our students. We create a caring environment where students feel safe, take risks in their learning, and develop lifelong learning skills. Like all schools in the Cambrian School District, we are a California Distinguished School. Located in West San Jose, bordering Los Gatos and Campbell, Farnham School serves approximately 500 students in grades TK - 5.
- Farnham parents are collaborative partners in the education of their children. These organizations offer many opportunities for parents to stay actively involved in their child's education.
- Our Home & School Club actively supports school programs. Partners In Print, Walkathon, Olympic Day, Pumpkin Walk, and Science Night are just some of the programs and activities that bring our community together.
- Our School Site Council monitors our categorical programs that supplement the school budget.
Our LifeSkills program is used throughout the school to provide positive guidelines for behavior. Monthly assemblies and recognition encourage students to use these skills.
- INTEGRITY: To act according to a sense of what's right and wrong
- INITIATIVE: To do something because it needs to be done
- FLEXIBILITY: To be willing to alter plans when necessary
- PERSEVERANCE: To keep at it
- ORGANIZATION: To plan, arrange and implement in an orderly way; to keep things orderly and ready to use
- SENSE OF HUMOR: To laugh and be playful without harming others
- EFFORT: To do your best
- COMMON SENSE: To use good judgment
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: To create solutions in difficult situations and everyday problems
- RESPONSIBILITY: To respond when appropriate, to be accountable for your behavior
- PATIENCE: To wait calmly for someone or something
- FRIENDSHIP: To make and keep a friend through mutual trust and caring
- CURIOSITY: A desire to investigate and seek understanding of one's world
- COOPERATION: To work together toward a common goal or purpose
- CARING: To feel and show concern for others
- COURAGE: To act according to one's beliefs
- PRIDE: Satisfaction from doing your personal best
Farnham School has strong parent involvement. We are proud of the many volunteers that provide services to our school. These services include clerical work for teachers, assisting with extracurricular activities, supporting PE and art programs, and working with students in small groups. Our Home & School Club actively supports school programs. The School Site Council monitors our categorical programs that supplement the school budget.
We offer a wide variety of activities that promote a well-rounded educational experience. These activities include Project Cornerstone, assemblies, field trips, Art Vistas, instrumental music program, homework center, enrichment programs, and vocal music program.